Stardict Unicode Tibetan dictionary
Note: This page is outdated. Please use GoldenDict - online and offline Tibetan dictionaries combined instead.
Note: in order to help improving future versions of the dictionary:
- if you cannot find an entry in those dictionaries above, please create an (empty) entry on http://rywiki.tsadra.org/. This way a definition can be added later.
- If you know the definition yourself, of course you can directly add it to http://rywiki.tsadra.org/.
Note: The dictionary on this page is based on the Rangjung Yeshe Tibetan dictionary created by Erik Pema Kunsang, the Rangjung Yeshe Institute and the people at http://rywiki.tsadra.org/. They are published with the kind permission of Erik Pema Kunsang.
- You need a Tibetan Input method: follow the instructions for the Linux section at Tibetan Input Method.
- Install Dictionaries in Linux:
To install these tarball dictionaries, do this:
tar -xjvf RangjungYesheTibetanDictionaryStardict.tar.bz2 mv RangjungYesheTibetanDictionaryStardict /usr/share/stardict/dic
- Install Dictionaries in Win32:
Use 7Zip to extract the
.tar.bz2 file, and then move this directory to
- Download the Tibetan Unicode dictionary for Stardict here.
The dictionary data are copyright Erik Pema Kunsang, Rangjung Yeshe and http://rywiki.tsadra.org/. Publication with kind permission of Erik Pema Kunsang.
Thank you to the people at the Rangjung Yeshe Institute and the editors of http://rywiki.tsadra.org/ for the creation of the dictionary. A special thank-you to Erik Pema Kunsang for making this all possible.
- http://rywiki.tsadra.org/, this wiki contains the latest Tibetan dictionary content.
- Rangjung Yeshe Institute
- The Stardict homepage, outdated, please see: GoldenDict - online and offline Tibetan dictionaries combined